RickWoodall

Well Known Member
Flying to Moosonee Ontario this weekend. Another rv9a and I are flying together. Just thinking through safety issues, supplies, tools etc to fly that far into nowhere.

Now, came to the conclusion that the dynon skyview and my bendix av80 and my ipad with foreflight dont seem to have a fast MARK SPOT function like fishing or camping gps do.

Anyone know how to quickly in a pinch mark a coordinate for future look up in any of these products? Lets say you flew over a spot you wanted to look up later, or saw a wreck, or your buddy had to put down off field in the middle of nowhere. How would you mark the exact location FAST to call it in, or return etc?

I can look it up, but its been a long day and I figured someone clever could help me out. Just seems like a good thing to know ahead of time.

Rick

Rick

Using Foreflight if you just hold your finger on the spot (airplane symbol) it will pop up the "add this coordinate" box. Just tap on the "ad...." And Foreflight puts a coordinate there that displays lat/long. Worked for me. YMMV