flywithayres

Sponsor
Hello Brain Trust.

I’m working on torquing the bolts for the landing gear mounts. Thus far, my contortionist act has been successful with all of the bolts except the one AN5-16A tucked in the most inaccessible corner. No combination of crows foot wrench, ratchet extension, or socket has proved to work. I just can’t seem to get a grip on the head of the bolt.

All suggestions are welcome.

Attachments

• IMG_0958.jpeg
    IMG_0958.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 25
Hello Brain Trust.

I’m working on torquing the bolts for the landing gear mounts. Thus far, my contortionist act has been successful with all of the bolts except the one AN5-16A tucked in the most inaccessible corner. No combination of crows foot wrench, ratchet extension, or socket has proved to work. I just can’t seem to get a grip on the head of the bolt.

All suggestions are welcome.
Can you just get a wrench on it and use the “calibrated arm”?

Can you just get a wrench on it and use the “calibrated arm”?
It is so snug to the powder coat that I can’t get anything to seat around the head of the bolt. I vaguely recall a YouTube builder mentioning grinding down an old 1/2” socket. That may be the direction I have to go.

Yes, heat up & bend or grind some old wrenches to get into those tight bolt heads. You may have to make specific ones for the left weldment, & mirror image copies to get at the right weldment.

Always good idea to have extra cheap ‘garage sale’ wrenches on hand you can mangle as needed when needed.