Phil

Well Known Member
I have started opening our EAA chapter meetings with a quick blurb on flight risk management and today I was searching through some YouTube videos to see if I could find something short and simple for the next meeting.

This one caught my eye:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfPr_gZzHRw

It's amazing how quickly things go from okay to over.

Phil

I have started opening our EAA chapter meetings with a quick blurb on flight risk management and today I was searching through some YouTube videos to see if I could find something short and simple for the next meeting.

This one caught my eye:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfPr_gZzHRw

It's amazing how quickly things go from okay to over.

Phil

Looks like a guy in an underpowered light aircraft trying to escape mountain wave downdraft. I have experienced downdrafts on many occasions. Best to give the hills plenty clearance when its blowing outside.

Looks like a guy in an underpowered light aircraft trying to escape mountain wave downdraft.
That's not at all what's happening here. Read the NTSB comments attached to video. This was high DA combined with steep AOB leading to stall. However, your point is well taken.

This crash has intriqued me and I've been doing some research on the pilot and passenger. I thought "****, hang on Ronnie!!" sounded like a Texas accent and have since found that it was registered to a Texas pilot. So it could have been him.

I'm curious to know who Ronnie is too.

But in the course of doing some research I found this write-up and longer version of the video.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=316_1249535759

Phil

I was looking for the long version when you posted that... I remembering wondering if they would have lived if they had avoided the stall.

Good examples........