vmirv8bldr

Well Known Member
Anyone have any idea what to do about riveting the front seatback support, WD-808, to the spacer and cockpit rail. If you've gotten this far, I'm sure you know what 'm referring to. I'll try to get a picture uploaded anyway. The plans call for AN426 type rivets, but I can't see getting anything but a blind rivet in there....

Thanks,
Bart

wd808rivetxt6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Bart,

On some of the tight use spots on my -6 I bought a $9 crowbar from Home Depot and filed down one end to whatever shape I needed.

b,
d

The nice thing about having my project in the garage is I can run out there and verify what I did in a given situation. I noted blind rivets (per plans) in a few very difficult to reach locations as shown in your photo. In this case, I refer you to DWG 72 Detail A.

Ok, I'm blind

I was able to shoot and buck all but one of them on each side, then I followed Rick6A's advice and...CS4-4'd the remaining hole, as the drawing clearly calls out. Not sure how I missed it, but I did!

Thanks guys, love this forum!

What i'd do

I am building a six so this particular spot does not apply to me.

If this was my task and you could get to the back side at all with a tiny wrench I would use hi-loks. They can replace rivets, screws or bolts.

http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/template.asp?pagename=hiloks

I have used them in various places I could not buck but could barely get to one side (just enough to get the collar or mini nut on).

3 x the shear strength in a pretty small package.

CS4-4

I've just done this: the plans call for CS4-4 in these locations (three per side, if I remember correctly).