tinman

Well Known Member
I need to move the RV-8 with wings off and tail on 10 miles. Can anyone make a guess as to how much this will cost on a tilt bed wrecker?

Mine $125 for 28 miles, fuselage and wings in cradle.
Most have an initial fee and then so much per mileage.

YMMV.

My cost was similar to Webb's, but my drive was about 35 miles.

IMHO the cost is worth it to have an insured service transporting the aircraft.

$100 for 10 mile trip. (20 miles if you figure that's what he had to do round trip.) Most services charge by the mile plus extra depending on load/unload time. To me it was well worth it.

BTW, I have a 7A and I opted to take the wheel pant brackets off to get it on the truck, which had about a 2 inch rail on each side. No way would it have fit with pants on.

Larry

RV-8A move

My cost 22 months ago was $125 for 9 miles. This was in the Denver area moving to KAPA. Had to call 3 places to get one who would do the move.

Al Thomas
N880AT
RV-8A QB
wiring.....

Thanks everyone.
I was quoted $125 for my 10 mile trip. The gent has asked some sharp questions about the aircraft which tells me that he has done this before.

Oh yeah, the guy that moved my RV kept an album in his truck of unique things that he has towed. Lots of exotic European cars, for example. Yes, he took pics of the RV to add to his collection. :)

A one-day rental of a Uhaul, or such, will cost much less. Get a big one and everything will fit, plus your plane is protected against rain and road FOD. Also, get a bunch of blankets and tiedowns. Worked very well for me.