RScott

Well Known Member
How much time are folks spending to build each kit? Emp? Slow build wings?
QB Wings? SB Fuselage? QB Fuselage? Finish? Also, please note which RV you are building.

Most builder web sites only show time spent per day or for small tasks. Time per kit might help some folks decide whether to order SB or QB.

Checkout www.rvproject.com

This is Dan Checkoway's site. He gives summary numbers as well as some daily breakdowns. His build times are comparable to what I'm seeing even though he did the slow build and I'm doing the quick build (comparing the common tasks).

-Rick

QB

Do you want to build or fly? If you can afford it, and if your time is at all precious, get the quickbuild. If you have plenty of spare time, get the slow build. Drilling, deburring and banging 1000s of rivets can be a little tedious.
Pete

I had the same issue when I started on my -9, thus my web site lists the time by major section.

Hours as of 7/30:

Empannage: 247
Wings: 560
Fuselage: 928
Engine: 62
Electrical System: 35
Instrument Panel: 111
Total: 1943

Emp 156 hours with no glass work yet.
Wings it looks like about 310 or so.

My fuse is to ship in a couple of weeks so I don't have any times there yet.

I keep track in years not hours.

wing kit 3 years; fuse kit 4 years; finishing kit into second year and I bought the tail kit from a burned out builder. So I'm in about my tenth year and am about %75 done. It's all been fun(?) and I certainly have learned a lot.