Michael Henning

Well Known Member
IO-360, constant speed prop, inverted oil(it comes with hose), and accumulator... What should I order for hoses and fittings, or is this one of those impossible questions?

Mike

nothing is impossible. But since there are several systems, and different locations for tanks and such, my suggestion is to mock up your locations and then you can get a better idea of how mch hose to buy. Alittle time spent here will save you $$ in the long run.
Tom

$$Hose$$

Mike,
I built RV-4 #2667..similar vintage to yours..or at least the plans.The hoses can be pricey as you probably know, and they arent that hard to make. I made mine myself, but waited until the very end of the FWF process. Its easier once you know where all the "stuff" like oil coolers, wires, ect. will be, then see wether you need straight, 45 degree or 90 degree fittings ect. I used a discarded garden hose (close to same size as oil and fuel lines with similar bend characteristics. Cut pieces so they just fit on end of fittings(flare-flare) and label them for location and type fluid. I saved big bucks from ordering a FWF kit or trying to guess before doing this on mine. Any hose shop can make them, or you can order pre-made ones that match your dimensions...dont get hosed !

Bill's method is perfect, and essentially what we did with the -3 when we had T.S. build the hoses for us - we used cheap nylon tubing as my stand-in for the final hoses because I had it on hand.

Thanks guys

Thanks for the responses. That is what I shall do. I have a garden hose that has been bothering me too, so it will give its life for aviation.

Mike