speyers

Well Known Member
How much Epoxy is need to complete a whole RV? I am considering the West System and wondering what size of containters to order. Also, how long can the cans be stored between usages. I am getting ready to work on the Emp. tips but it will be a while before I need more for the finishing kit. It is reasonable to assume that I can but some stuff now and use it again in a couple years? Any feadback would be appreciated.

You could probably do it with a quart if you are not going to do the canopy skirt. Also it will depend on your experience. I find most beginners use way too much resin. I am a very experienced glass man and looking over my 7 there is not that much to do. The West System epoxy has a long shelf life if stored in a cool place. Also get their pumps that go on top the cans, makes it a lot easier to use. You don't save a heck of a lot buying the gallon and what would you do with it if you had 1/2 gal or so left. Don

The glass mess

I would wait and do all of the glass at the same time. And at that point I would get a galon of the stuff the hazzards shipping is about the same. After you start using this stuff with the micro and flux?(ground up cotton) you will find other uses around the house for it I am sure. The pumps are a must to mix it easier and get some disposable plastic cups 4 ounce. I also recomend pele ply to wick up the extra resin. for give my spelling on some of the products mentioned above.

Jim
Flying RV-6
Burlington Iowa