I'm putting wiring in my wings, and I might as well pull some coax while I'm at it, since I'm told that it's harder to pull things after the wings are on.

How much extra coax should I leave at each end of the wing conduit ?? And come to think of it, how many wingtip antennas am I likely to need ?

Thanks,
Don
N24VC reserved

Hi Don

I have one Archer wingtip antenna in my right wing for the Garmin 430W and found out yesterday, on the trip to Panama City, Fl, that it works better than the cat's whisker under the tail as far as distance from a VOR!

On our -6A, we had a marker beacon antenna in the opposite tip.....a piece of stripped coax, 42" long.

I was a little hesitant to use a wingtip mounted comm, since the jury was out as far as it getting adequate reception, so it was mounted under the belly, with great results,

Best,

How much extra coax should I leave at each end of the wing conduit ?? And come to think of it, how many wingtip antennas am I likely to need ?

My wings are still in a cradle but I originally left about 18 inches in the wingtip end and installed the BNC connector. If that's too much at the tip end you can always pull it back through the conduit a bit. I left about 12 inches at the root end. My plan is to install a 90-degree bulkhead connector at the fuselage.