FlyGuy

Recently made the down-payment for a RV7 QB fuse and wings, and the website indicates I have 5-6 months to wait. Just curious how much advance notice I can expect that they're close to being ready to ship?

Thanks!

For the standard kits, you don't get any notice. You have to contact them a couple of weeks before the scheduled ship date to make the final payment. If you don't call them, then I think your shipment will be delayed until after you do.

Not much notice - just a call from Barbara - Your kit has arrived and you need to pay for it. I was quoted 4 months lead time and they came in at about 3.5 months.

Chris

I got a letter from Van's for both the fuse and finishing kits with an expected shipping date. In both cases, the actual shipping date was about 10 days prior to that. When they run your credit card (if that's how your paying), that's your cue.

Thanks, everybody. I received a letter today that explained what to expect. Looks like I have until May-June to get ready for it. Way things are going on the empennage, that should work out about right. :D

How long in transit?

I got a letter in the mail stating a shipment of my slow build RV-9 wings would be scheduled for the week of 9/21/09. I signed the form, sent it back. Credit card got charged early that week, but here it is October 1 and no idea when it will arrive. Should I call Van's or wait for a call from the shipping company (I don't know who that might be...)? It had better be soon. I'm going to be on business travel week after next.

I'm on the west coast, so it is not a huge distance for shipment from OR.

Shipping Info

I arranged shipments of the wing and fuselage kits through Barbara and asked them to be delivered to the ABF dock here in KC. She provided tracking numbers and ABF called me when the shipments arrived at the dock.

I arranged shipment of the finish kit with Tony Partain; his driver contacted me with a rough schedule and then called when he had a more exact time.

Both systems worked fine for me; having said that, if you want your crates to arrive without dings, go with Partain Transport. Tony's drivers will also help you roll the crate into your shop...

Mike

Wing kit delivery tomorrow!

I got a letter in the mail stating a shipment of my slow build RV-9 wings would be scheduled for the week of 9/21/09. I signed the form, sent it back. Credit card got charged early that week, but here it is October 1 and no idea when it will arrive. Should I call Van's or wait for a call from the shipping company (I don't know who that might be...)? It had better be soon. I'm going to be on business travel week after next.

I'm on the west coast, so it is not a huge distance for shipment from OR.

Week 2 of waiting. Finally got the phone call from FedEx Freight this morning and the wings will be delivered tomorrow 10/6. Freight charges are $221.56.

Yeah!