Who wants to buy a cap with their plane on it?

• I do!

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • No thanks.

Votes: 12 29.3%

• Total voters

jonbakerok

Well Known Member
If there's enough interest, my wife (who makes tee shirt quilts) has the tools to create caps (or about anything else) with a picture of your plane on it.

The picture would appear on an embroidered oval badge that would be attached to the cap, with your N-number below.

They'll probably cost about $30.

I'll buy an ad link on Doug's site and create a website where you can pick your options and upload your picture.

Click "I do!" on the poll if you're interested so I can get a count.

Last edited:
I'm interested, but want more details. How big is the patch, how is the a/c rendered?

I'm interested, but want more details. How big is the patch, how is the a/c rendered?

It would depend on whether you chose a 5 or 6-patch hat. 5 patch hats have more room on the front because they're taller, but most people prefer the look of the 6-patch. I'm working on a prototype and I'll post a picture.

The photo would be printed on cloth and turned into a patch with an embroidered edge, which would be sewn to the cap. The N-number would be underneath.

Many EAA chapters have chapter hats, which could be a good market for you. An individual might want his plane, but I doubt a chapter would award a cap with an individual's plane if they have chapter caps.

Our EAA chapter used to award a plaque for aircraft completions, then went cheap and now gives a certificate. If our fund raising plans work out, I was planning on us awarding windbreaker jacket with a pic of the builder's plane on the back--embroidered or silk screened.