dmat

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Hey all,

does anyone know how many wingtip variants there are for all rv models?

I am working on a possible drop in light/lens fixture and wanted to see how many variants there are and how many folks would be interested.

I know there have been old&new rv4 &6 wingtips with lenses that are no longer made and I'm trying to help those pilots out with a new LED light and wingtip lens system that will be supported in the future.

Thanks all,
Dan

I just checked the Van's store.
Looks like the 10 & 14 are listed as the same part number.
7 & 8, same
4 & 6, same.
9 is unique.
12 is unique.

I didn't see a listing for the RV-3, but I may have overlooked it. No part yet for RV-15.

So, at least 5 types of wingtips, plus the -3 and -15 if they are unique.

And then there are the HP Aircraft (advertiser here on VAF) "racing wingtips" for the RV-4,6,7,8. These are minimum wetted area round wingtips that are good for 2+ mph compared to the standard Vans tips.

We are less than 100% happy with the tip lenses we source for those. They are functional, but optics are less than show quality. If you can offer better lenses for those tips, we can send you a male plug mold.

Thank,

I also think there were tips that have been mothballed from older rv4's and 6's. I am looking for those as well.

I am trying to come up with a solution to the problem of finding lenses for tips that have been discontinued.

Thanks,
D