how many rivets

I never counted, but according to some builders (whom I assume did the count), it's in the vicinity of 16,000. Extrapolating from that number... we get at least 32,000 holes (two mated parts), 64,000 deburrings (1 per side).

By the way, your posting is in the classified section, and this thread will probably disappear eventually (if that was the intent).

ask Vans

I would think Vans CAD computer already knows this. Any one ever ask them?

Bevan

There was a post a while back, some guy living in a place called "Normal" of all things, who had just installed his ten thousandth rivet--------cant remember who-------all that stuck with me was the normal thing, and actually counting rivets.

As I recall, he is pretty active here, will probably chime in.

Vans rivet count is not "classified" information (no pun intended) !!!

BUT, this location here is the VAF classifieds to sell or trade hardware...

You may want to ask your question on an open:) forum like yahoo or matronics!

how many rivets?

Ok,

I had another q for Vans anyway, so I have emailed the rivet question too. I will post what I hear.

Bevan

Vans rivet count is not "classified" information (no pun intended) !!!

BUT, this location here is the VAF classifieds to sell or trade hardware...

You may want to ask your question on an open:) forum like yahoo or matronics!

Thanks for bringing that up, fixed now.

There was a post a while back, some guy living in a place called "Normal" of all things, who had just installed his ten thousandth rivet--------cant remember who-------all that stuck with me was the normal thing, and actually counting rivets.

As I recall, he is pretty active here, will probably chime in.

That's me Mike! Check my numbers page http://www.chadandbrittne.com/Numbers.htm. It's updated each time I work, and any time I set a rivet, solid or blind. I'm a shade under 13,835 as of today. :eek:

That's normal, right?:eek::D

Ah, Chad you have renewed my faith in humans.

So, how far has 13,835 rivets gotten you on the project???

HAHA!:D The 13,835th rivet was set somwhere in the sub-panel structure over the weekend...

11-17-07-002w.jpg

:cool:

I'm a shade under 13,835 as of today. :eek:
That's normal, right?:eek::D

Yeah, right... :D It just leads to the fact that when I say in my current sign that I've wing to be deburred (tanks deburred by now) I've 4554 rivet holes, which leads at least double of that as rivet will always (or should) compress two parts together but that is not all: all holes has two sides. So I've at least 18216 hole halves to deburr... :eek: