YellowJacket RV9

Well Known Member
Patron
So Conway called to tell me my wings will be delivered this thursday (best valentine's day present ever). How many friends will I need to recruit to help unload the two crates and move into my garage?

Chris

So Conway called to tell me my wings will be delivered this thursday (best valentine's day present ever). How many friends will I need to recruit to help unload the two crates and move into my garage?
Chris
I did it with one other person. I you have a moving dolly you could do it yourself.

2 determined guys can make it happen. When my wing kit showed up I was by myself and the truck couldn't get closer than about 40 yards from my shop (bad location for a big truck in a residential area). The driver asked me where it was supposed to go and I told him around the corner and into the garage. He kinda looked at me with a smirk for a second, like he wanted to watch this happen. It was about 95 degrees outside and 3pm - I told him "20 bucks and a cold beer to help me carry it around there". He didn't say a word, just grabbed a pair of gloves.

I gave him 2 beers... :D

Last edited:
My Conway driver had a lift gate and a pallet jack, no problem with the fuse and finish kit, he just rolled it right down the driveway and into the garage. And I did not request a lift gate.

I've moved all my kits through finishing by myself. I picked up my kits at the distribution center (loaed into my truck with a forklift). Took them home and unloaded myself. I just used my ATV ramp to slide the crates out of my pickup and then dragged them into the garage. Not really a big deal. Now a QB would be different story.

I've moved all my kits through finishing by myself. I picked up my kits at the distribution center (loaed into my truck with a forklift). Took them home and unloaded myself. I just used my ATV ramp to slide the crates out of my pickup and then dragged them into the garage. Not really a big deal. Now a QB would be different story.

I did that with my finish kit - forklifted into the bed of my truck, drove home, opened the crate and unpacked it right out of the truckbed.

Two of us unloaded the spar box. A third would have been nice.
FP09042012A0005A.jpg

The street/sidewalk was too uneven for dollies, so I rounded up a neighbor and his in-laws, so we had six for the big box. Made it much easier.
FP09042012A0005B.jpg

Last edited:
I I'd mine off the truck onto my trailer because my driveway was too long. Then slid it off onto a HB dolly. Worked great.

Way to "delegate" Miles!

The street/sidewalk was too uneven for dollies, so I rounded up a neighbor and his in-laws, so we had six for the big box. Made it much easier.
FP09042012A0005B.jpg

So I am guessing you are the one in trail taking this photo while the others are hard at work - or perhaps I see you on the end at the left. Either way, I just couldn't stop laughing about that!

As for me, the driver, 4 HF dollies, and a handtruck with wheels on the handle that allowed me to lay it down flat took care of both boxes very nicely. I also have a significantly inclined driveway, but we just positioned the dollies up on the driveway past the point where it meets the street, and no problemo.

Last edited:
How many friends will I need to recruit to help unload the two crates and move into my garage?Chris

One friend. Wouldn't be hard solo with 3 or 4 furniture dollies if the driver will help slide it off the truck onto them. That's what I did with the finish/FWF kit. Harbour Freight has them for $7.99 when on sale.

Snapshot_20100202_1.jpg

IMG_2131.JPG

Last edited:
Well mine came by FedEx. The driver loaded each piece on his dolly and rolled down my long driveway into my garage. Nice guy. No beer's involved. That would be against company policy. :D

FP09042012A0005B.jpg

So I am guessing you are the one in trail taking this photo while the others are hard at work - or perhaps I see you on the end at the left. Either way, I just couldn't stop laughing about that!...

That's me on the left rear corner, and my wife took the picture. If I'd been thinking, it would have been the other way around...:D:D:D

As for me, the driver, 4 HF dollies, and a handtruck with wheels on the handle that allowed me to lay it down flat took care of both boxes very nicely. I also have a significantly inclined driveway, but we just positioned the dollies up on the driveway past the point where it meets the street, and no problemo.

Because of where the driver (Mike Cobb, RIP:() had to park, by the time we got to the driveway, we were halfway home and it would have been more trouble to get it on the dollies than to just go ahead and carry it all the way.

On a side note, the guy in front of me is my neighbor's son's father-in-law visiting from Eastern Europe who didn't speak a word of English. I heard later that he was totally amazed that we would even be allowed to have an airplane delivered to our door, much less afford it. As much as we complain about the state of affairs in this country we still have it better than much of the world. (I include myself on that list of complainers in an effort to keep it that way.;))

Last edited: