RV8iator

Well Known Member
Benefactor
We've always heard about the fantastic service that the mother ship gives us all but I just had to pile one more on.

I had some damage down at Rain and Pain last Thursday. I decided to get a jump on the repair line and went ahead and ordered a rudder from the factory. Shades (Joe Blank) was already on it and had it shipped before the end of business Friday with a Tuesday delivery over here in the sunny southeast.

This afternoon I received a call from Vans on the ball sales staff (Thanks Shades) asking if I had read the announcement about the discount for the folks that had damaged planes during the storm. He then told me my new, quiet attractive price for my rudder and promptly credited me back part of my money.

What can you say about service like that. We should all be proud to be associated with the Vans product and the support they offer.

All I can say is "Thank you very much, you've made the whole ordeal more bearable."

Just to add to what Widget said. Friday I received a new fuselage kit from Van's at a substantial discount (that's putting it mildly.) Originally when my RV was severely damaged I was going to take the insurance settlement and walk away. But with the discount they offered on repair parts I changed my mind quickly, bought the salvage back to rebuild it, and ordered everything I need to get the job done.

I can't begin to thank enough all of the help from everyone at Van's for assisting us thru this ordeal. To say they went above and beyond would be an understatement.