stocks

I'm New Here
I am looking at installing a GTX330/es in my aircraft I have both the 430w & 430. I have tried to get an Idea as to how many hours it should take to install. Any ideas? I have gotten from a low of 10 hours to 35 hours.
Thanks

Welcome to VAF!

Stan, welcome to VAF.

What aircraft, what does the panel look like, did you do the initial build and wiring, and many more questions need to be answered for someone to give a decent answer.

Are you looking for a shop to do the install or do it yourself??

Sorry to sound a bit negative, but these are all factors in making an estimate that will probably be way off anyway:rolleyes:

I get phone calls/emails all the time asking for quotes to install stuff.

Without actually sitting down and looking at the aircraft its impossible to give anything other than a "WAG" (wild a** guess). For some aircraft it may take 6-8 hours, in others it may take 3x that.

It also depends on what else you have to interface to. Are you going to be displaying TIS traffic from the 330 on an EFIS or an MFD like a GMX200? Do you currently have enough space in your radio stack or is there going to be a lot of metal cutting or moving other radios?

If you don't already have a GTX330 I have a nearly-new one for sale. It only has bench test time on it, still has the plastic covering the display. It's not an ES but it would be priced so you could do the ES upgrade back in the Garmin shop and still come out ahead of the game.