ChiefPilot

Well Known Member
It's funny because it's true...

24776453235_10ffe9b07f_o.jpg

Seriously, I'm in the middle of a panel upgrade and going from a Dynon EFIS-D10A to a Skyview system. I'm amazed at how simple the Skyview wiring is in comparison to the wiring I needed to do to get the first generation system (EFIS + EMS) talking to everything. That wasn't hard, but the Skyview is downright simple. The only issue ...

Does anyone else think the skyview cables seem kind of heavy? I option to buy a bunch of wire and make my own instead. The factory made cables are nice, but they sure seem heavy for what they are.

The only issue ...

Does anyone else think the skyview cables seem kind of heavy? I option to buy a bunch of wire and make my own instead. The factory made cables are nice, but they sure seem heavy for what they are.

Pretty sure the pre-made Dynon SV-NET cables are just standard 22AWG 22759/16 Tefzel jacketed wire. Cut to the proper length for each run, they shouldn't be any heaver or lighter than custom-made cables.

Clever use of one or more hubs can eliminate some wire weight.

We pay extra for a lead liner in our cables, but don't worry, we pass the savings on to you.

Pretty sure the pre-made Dynon SV-NET cables are just standard 22AWG 22759/16 Tefzel jacketed wire. Cut to the proper length for each run, they shouldn't be any heaver or lighter than custom-made cables.

Clever use of one or more hubs can eliminate some wire weight.

This is exactly what I'm doing.

Why did Dynon go to the cheaper split female pin connectors in their harness? we are making our own cables with the pins from Stein.....

We did a lot of research, and when machine crimped, the split pins are more than adequate for our use case. The currents in the SkyView network are low, and there is 100% redundancy. We used the machined pins for years but they weren't getting anybody any real value.

We're far from the only ones- look inside the connectors on a lot of certified avionics and they are not machined pins either.