Arlen

Well Known Member
...in an RV-6 slider, how does the aluminum frame of the Koger attach to the canopy? I can't find the answer on their web site.

I have the extended Koger shade for sliders in my 9A. There are four small holes that get drilled and tapped for machine screws in the top center slider frame member. I think they're 6-32 screws, but they might be 4-40. It's been a while so I don't remember for sure. The track has corresponding holes and is held to the frame with the screws.

With the standard shorter version of the Koger shade there may be fewer screws/holes that have to be installed.

It's pretty easy to do, but make sure to use a good quality tap and plenty of lubricant as always. The tap is so small it's easy to break off. Ask me how I know.

From Rosie: Concur, that's how mine was attached. Using tape for anything here in the desert temps is a losing battle but you are probably OK with tape in FL if desired :D

Last edited by a moderator:
the frame of my non-RV style Koger sunshade has 3M adhesive pads along the rail that stick the rail to the canopy. No drilling was required to install mine.