RV-3Bravo

Well Known Member
I am looking at my options in building my RV. Do I want to build it myself? Or do I want someone to do it for me. How does Jay do it?

rvwannabe said:
I am looking at my options in building my RV. Do I want to build it myself? Or do I want someone to do it for me. How does Jay do it?
Hi,

'Flash' was one of the first ten or so RVs to come out of RV Central, so I guess I can comment here :) .

Nutshell: You pay a monthly fee for a spot in the hanger and have access to Jay, Jay's expertise and Jay's tools. When you get stuck you go "hey Jay, how do I do this". I would go over there two days a week after work and stay about 5-6 hours each time. Jay would help me about 30% of the time (I asked).

Is it worth it? It was for me. Example: "Jay, I'm nervous about this canopy cut. Can you help me?" It took about four minutes to make the cut - as he had done a handful. I was a nervous wreck....Jay was thinking about where to eat for lunch while cutting. Came out perfect.

I think I may have coined the phrase "A Jay Hour". It's about the equivalent of 10-15 'Doug' hours. I rented quite a few "Jay Hours" and it was a good investment. From *my* standpoint, getting my slow build RV-6 a little past the QB stage and then having Jay help me with the rest was money well spent.

Let me phrase it another way....I spent just shy of 5 years getting my slow build RV-6 past the QB stage. Seven months after I took it to Jay it flew <g>. One RV-8A flew 54 days after it was dropped off.

Best,
Doug

Last edited:
Last edited: