N941WR

Legacy Member
I can't find my instructions and would like to know how long and at what temp I need to bake the little beads.

Thanks for the help!

What's cookin?

I just emptied the little beads onto a paper plate and microwaved them for 30 seconds at a time. Too long and they start popping! You'll know they are dry when the color turns from pink to dark blue.

Rick Galati RV-6A "Darla"

I use these same beads (just a whole lot more of them) for drying air going to an Ozone generator. I spread the beads out on a cookie sheet and bake them at 250 degrees F for 30-40 minutes. Like the post above says - the color change will tell you when it's done. Nuking them in a microwave will work, but they tend to breakdown faster as the water vapor flashes to steam and cracks some beads every time you regenerate. Best source for replacement is buying a pack at Graingers for about $20 (about 2 cups worth per pack).
BTW - Ive found that if you open the oven at about 20 minutes you'll allow alot of moisture vapor to escape, increasing the drying efficiency.

Kai

Thanks

I did the bake thing and it worked great.

Plugs are back in the engine now, waiting for the forward siffiners are drying and I'll paint them before I go to bed.

Bill