Steve Ashby

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Here is a question for all your 8(A) fuel injection guys. I fabricated the brackets which are supposed to hold the fuel injection pump with radiator clamps. Now, how do I attach these boogers to the floor? Or is the assembly just supposed to rest on the floor with no attachment thereto? Since the bottom of the floor is now inaccessible (the bottom fuse skin covers it) I can't slam a nut plate back there. Using pop rivets makes me a little queasy, since I don't know how much this thing will be vibrating in use and I am concerned that it might pop loose after some hours in service. Any suggestions.
Thanks,

Here is a question for all your 8(A) fuel injection guys. I fabricated the brackets which are supposed to hold the fuel injection pump with radiator clamps. Now, how do I attach these boogers to the floor? Or is the assembly just supposed to rest on the floor with no attachment thereto? Since the bottom of the floor is now inaccessible (the bottom fuse skin covers it) I can't slam a nut plate back there. Using pop rivets makes me a little queasy, since I don't know how much this thing will be vibrating in use and I am concerned that it might pop loose after some hours in service. Any suggestions.
Thanks,
Steve,

The pump location in my kit had a single prepunched hole drilled through the floor as a reference point to which the builder clecos on the bracket (F-1048E) and match drills the other three rivet attach holes.

I installed the F-1048E with AD4 solid rivets just because I could. However, you may want to review DWG 82. It calls out using CS4-4 blind rivets to attach the F-1048E to the floor.

Steve,

On my QB, I used CS-4 blind rivets for the pump brackets, like Rick mentioned. It did seem potentially flimsy at the time, but it seems to be pretty sturdy after it's all together.