SE-XLD

I'm New Here
Hi
For a long time ago (1991) I built an RV-6 and I used some white liquide to seal the tank. I don?t remember the name of it and I would like to buy some more of it. Where can I purchase this white stuff

Sweden

When I built my RV-6 in 1990 I used slosh and there have never been a problem with that. I have heard that other had problem.

It's not a matter of if but when slosh sealers will fail. The BIG problem is they look and work great all the way up till they start delaminating, which occurs at 8000' halfway across the English channel. At that point the "bits" will clog your fuel screens, pieces that make it past that will clog the fuel filter followed by the pump.......The Rvator carried an article by Ken Scott a ways back where he rebuilt his tanks after the slosh started coming off in sheets inside the tank. The fix was to put it mildly SUCKED...If I recall correctly, Ken rebuilt the tanks. The stuff is still available from Aircraft Spruce, If you building new tanks, run, don't walk away from this stuff and get a nice, ;) easy :rolleyes: to use sweet smelling :eek: can of good old Proseal.

Tank Slosh

Sense you have had fuel in the tank I highly advise against using any kind of slosh sealent. The safe way is to remove the tanks, drill them apart, clean off all of the old seal and proseal with a scotch brite type rotoloc pad and a die grinder. Re seal the tank with new proseal, as soon as your done attach it to the wing to let it cure in it's place. Make sure you clean the bare aluminum with MEK (really clean it good! not just wipe it down) and scratch the alclad anywhere your going to put the proseal. Always use gloves and never touch the bare aluminum with your bare hand. My first RV-4 had slosh in the tank and it started floating around like cooked egg white, and I did the above fix, and yes I had to paint it again.

RT