ArVeeNiner

Well Known Member
My FSDO (not DAR) will return to continue the inspection of my project next week. After the first inspection on the 18th, he told me that I am eligible for my Repairman's Certificate and we will do it at the same time as my application for Airworthiness Certificate. I want to have Form 8610-2 filled out when he arrives but I can't find anywhere how to do this.

Are there any detailed instructions out there or does anybody have any tips on how to do this?

Thanks.

The one thing I remember that was different and easy to mess up was the name box. Most all FAA forms have you list your last name first but this form lists your first name first. Check the form to make sure but I think I'm right. I would have at least one extra black form with me if you decide to fill one out in advance.

i guess it really comes down to the inspector. the guy i got out of the detroit FSDO came out and had the form with him and was extremely helpful and friendly through the whole process and made sure everything was right while in my hangar last year when i got my mine done so hopefully yours will be as accomidating

I've seen that document before and although it has lots of good info, it contains no info on how to fill out the form for our particular circumstance. I'm not sure how to fill out sections II and III. It seems to be a one size fits all form.

Maybe the FSDO will just fill it out for me.

I stand corrected. Another guy in my chapter who used this same FSDO told me he wanted the form filled out like the example in Appendix 14 of the AC-20-27. The example even uses an RV-6 for illustration. I'll do that and cross my fingers.