Bill_H

Well Known Member
Patron
I am just starting on my RV-12. On page 06-04 I am countersinking parts VS-1212B-L and -R for the nutplates. My microstop-countersink is too wide to get at the hole nearest the bend in the part. I couldn't find a post about this or any mention on a couple of builder blogs. Do you just remove the cage of the countersink and eyeball it? Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks - Bill

Yes, there are a few locations where you have to countersink without the cage. Just take it slow and keep examining the countersink for roundness and depth.

I am just starting on my RV-12. On page 06-04 I am countersinking parts VS-1212B-L and -R for the nutplates. My microstop-countersink is too wide to get at the hole nearest the bend in the part. I couldn't find a post about this or any mention on a couple of builder blogs. Do you just remove the cage of the countersink and eyeball it? Or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks - Bill

If you have a driil press

Remove the cage and use a drill press with the stop set.
GO Slow
See 06-04-03 on my site.

joedallas

www.joesrv12.com

Last edited:
Counter sink cage

Hello, You can cut part of the bottom of the cage off, we purchased 2 cages because there will be other places in the build that the cage interferes with a part. With one section of the cage missing it still drilled a nice level countersink. Don Lewis