Rotary10-RV

Well Known Member
Doug,
I often post to the forums, but I've never included a photo or an attached file. Is there an easy way to attach a file to a thread? I've got an excell file/graph to put in.
Many thanks, great site.
Bill Jepson

In short, you can't attach a file. You can follow the above link for images but that's it. If you want to share any other file with users the best bet is to host it on a web server some where. If you would like to share a file, send it to me in an e-mail and I will host it on my server and send you back the address to put in your post.

where do I send it?

In short, you can't attach a file. You can follow the above link for images but that's it. If you want to share any other file with users the best bet is to host it on a web server some where. If you would like to share a file, send it to me in an e-mail and I will host it on my server and send you back the address to put in your post.

Thanks Jamie, My trouble is I don't have a way to make a Jpeg from the excel file. The system I have here is quite limited.
Thanks
Bill Jepson

Download a free screen capture program to capture your Excel spreadsheet as a JPEG file, then upload it to a free image host and link to it. Just Google 'screen capture freeware'. I'd provide you a link but I'm currently trapped behind a firewall.

My printer/fax/scanner will scan documents into a JPEG, then just follow the same procedure as a photo.

YMMV

Download a free screen capture program to capture your Excel spreadsheet as a JPEG file, then upload it to a free image host and link to it. Just Google 'screen capture freeware'. I'd provide you a link but I'm currently trapped behind a firewall.

Here's a neat fact -- you don't need to download screen capture software if you're running MS Windows or Mac OS -- it's a built-in feature of the OS.

On Windows if you hit the PrtScn button on your keyboard it will copy the contents of the entire screen to your clipboard. If you hit Alt+PrtScn it will save the contents of the currently selected window to the clipboard.

Then open up MS Paint (by default in Start->Accessories->Paint) and hit edit->paste. Voila....you have your screenshot right there. Just save the file to your preferred format and you're done.