You could make a spacer out of nylon block to lower the valve below the mount plate to get the handle closer to the top of the plate. Longer bolts needed. Then install the position plate with velcro.

I used double sided trim tape. If it's good enough to mount all of your cars trim parts outside in the weather for years at a time why not on the underside of your gas disk.:)

I used double sided trim tape. If it's good enough to mount all of your cars trim parts outside in the weather for years at a time why not on the underside of your gas disk.:)

Still have the bolt heads to contend with...

I've seen several installs where it's mounted flat, but the one guy I was able to catch and ask how he did it, couldn't remember.

10zmf47.jpg

Thanks to Brian I went the spacer ring route. It made for an excellent setup. I don't know how you could improve on it.

Spacer Rings

Second on the spacer rings like Brian. I turned some out on my lathe. Works like a charm.

I think I would countersink the bolt holes and use countersunk bolts. Might be a little tough to find #4 countersunk bolts but if you can it would be an easy colution.

I think I would countersink the bolt holes and use countersunk bolts. Might be a little tough to find #4 countersunk bolts but if you can it would be an easy colution.

I was thinking the same thing, and ran into that very problem.