Check6

Well Known Member
I had to move a radio antenna on the bottom of my RV to add another one. I now have a hole and 4 screw holes that I need to cover that are on centerline of the plane. Just wanted to see what other RV folks had done or found that works best and somewhat looks good appearance wise as well. Pictures would be very helpful as well. Thanks.

I was doing some "beta testing" for Zaon before they went under and had a rather large antenna on the bottom of my -6.
I just cut out an aluminum cover plate the same size and shape as the antenna base and screwed it in place.

More work: Dimple the screw holes, fabricate a plate that covers the antenna hole, dimple it for the screw holes, and install nutplates on it. Screw it in place and forget about it.

Less work: Find a decal for your favorite tool/engine/clothing/electronics manufacturer that's large enough to cover all five openings. Stick it on and forget about it. If anyone asks, it's one of your sponsors. :)

43.13-1b page 4-135 gives you the hardest way. Endorsed by the Forever Archaic Administration.

Flanged disc

Cut an aluminum (skin thickness) disc large enough to cover the existing hole and mounting holes. Insure you include enough edge distance past the mounting holes. Flange the rim of the disc to allow the raised portion to sit in the hole flush with the skin. Match drill the existing mounting holes to the disc/insert. Rivet or screw the hole filling, flush fitting disc in to place. Use the sealant of your choice.
Cheers!

263aiqa.jpg