JDRhodes

Well Known Member
We have a house on a family farm with pvt runway for sale. House is next door to me and my Great Aunt lived there until this year. She's moved to assisted living and her kids are selling the house. I'd rather have a good RV'er there than somebody else.

House is a 50 year old brick ranch. 3 bedroom / one bath. Livable now, but could really use modernization. Detached building w/ one car garage / shop. Adjoins 2000 ft grass airstrip, and I'm sure we could work something out for access. Great retirement / fixer upper for airplane folks.

Hurry - someone's looking.

Send me a PM or email.

What a good opportunity!

My wife and I rented a 150 and came to one of your Fall Fly Ins. What an opportunity for someone to live at a really nice little out of the way place. Wish my job were closer to this place. I hope you get an RV-er to move in.

What a fantastic idea! As far as groups and types of people go, there is no one I'd rather have living on our family farm than an RVer.

CDE

Is there an identifier for the airport? It appears to be un-charted. Where is the strip located in relation to Taylorsville? It appears from Google earth that it might be about a mile north of town (over statement).

Tony,

It's right "downtown." On Google Earth it is evident adjacent to the circular irrigation on the sod farm next door. It is as yet uncharted, but I have the paperwork in my hand to fix that.

Georgia and Bartow County property taxes are better than many places in the US - WAY better than a lot of places.

Let me know if you want more info.

The coordinates are

N34 0555.420 W 084 58.678 or at least that,s what the G396 says . I also have a RV9 there at that field. That would be quite unusual to have two RV9 there as few of those as there are./ DRRhodes

What about taxes/fees for aircraft ownership in GA? Can you give any insight?

Personal property tax. You get assessed that way. Here's the calculation:

1) Establish a value for your airplane. Get the tax assessor to agree. The value of your airplane is very much based on your effectiveness in communicating with the Tax Assessor. Let's say the airplane is assessed at $50k.

2) Multiply that value by 40% for the taxed value. 40% x $50k = $20k.

3) Multiply that number by about $30/thousand (the real rate is slightly less). In this example, that nets abut $600/yr in property taxes on the airplane.