andrew phillips

Well Known Member
I have a Superior IO-360 that came with a flexible hose with fireshield as the oil supply line to the fitting just behind the spinner. In other posts I see that the oil line is rigid tube (like fuel line) which would fit much better through a smaller hole in the engine baffle. What have others done

Standard Lyc part

I have a Superior IO-360 that came with a flexible hose with fire-shield as the oil supply line to the fitting just behind the spinner. In other posts I see that the oil line is rigid tube (like fuel line) which would fit much better through a smaller hole in the engine baffle. What have others done
The stainless steel tube is a standard part (ECi Product Number: AEL75167, OEM Product Number: 75167) you can buy from ECI for about $130. You will need a handful of Adel clamps to support it off the sump bolts. Its critical to support the ridged tube. I like the ridged better than flex line with fire sleeve. The governor line has always been ridged, the hose setup is relatively new. Ridged lines where made from aluminum for decades, but a few about 15 years ago got the FAA to mandate SS ridged tubes. At that time they also allowed flex hose as a substitute.

http://www.eci2fly.com/pages/products_detail.aspx?in=706

AEL75167_n.jpg

Last edited: