SHORTRV7

Well Known Member
Might be a stupid question, but my break lines are in front of the gear legs and I need to put the hose clamp on the back side where the gap between the fairing sides is less than the front side. Should I just put them there and let them protrude? If you have pictures of this I would greatly appreciate seeing them.
Thanks,
Don flying (20hrs so far)

Notch the fairings for the screw body and worry not. The intersection fairings will cover them.

Not so fast.....

Some intersection fairings might slide over them but some might not. All of them are not made the same.

I tried to put mine on that way (I have the Van's starter kit type) and they are not wide enough in that area to slide over the clamp if you put it with the barrell in the back.

I did have room to put the barrell in the front and just allowed the brake line to ride over the top of it. I have SS braided lines with a clear protective covering on them.

How many guys are using foam to hold the leg fairing on ?

We are just on with this and think the clamp idea is shonky.

Ideas welcome please - quick !!!

Clamp only and the tab will break. Use the intersection fairings to prevent this.. Lots of opinions on the use of foam.

Bend brake lines around clamp on front of leg

It was not an issue to bend the brake line on the front side at the top away from the clamp. This keeps the clamp to the front were you have more room under the fairing.

Sweet !

I like that idea very much.

We are now fitted, we're using Fairings Etc intersections and they are superb. The instructions make you laugh, the product just works and they are well worth the extra money.

Thanks Tony.

Great Ideas, Shimmy

Thanks to all of you, really like how you did the wood Mike, Did it shimmy as you taxied??? If so how bad? I am really early on in flying this wonderful airplane and while taxing out on pavement one time at a certian speed I thought I felt a leg shaking, but not real sure, my wheels have been balanced also. I live on a grass strip and can not feel any shimmy there although it probably is.
Don
21 Hours so far!!!