HeliCooper

Well Known Member
So I dropped my die organizer. No big deal, got everything put back in its place....so I thought. I got all the way through my entire elevator sub structure before I realize I was using the AN3 male (which I always double check) with a 120 degree pop rivet female.

So the question to you all is what your suggestions are moving forward. Should I go back and redimple every hole? The current dimples accept the skins just fine but it is a little sloppier than it should be. I also dimpled the counter balance skins with the pop rivet female. Those I will have to redo for sure but I am not positive it is okay to dimple twice.

Long story short...just looking for a little guidance. I'd like to be able to get some work done over the weekend but don't want to proceed until I have a good answer.

Thanks

Lesson also learned. Double check both male and female dies...

Jim, since you were using the correct male die, the dimple angle should still be about 100 deg., I don't think there should be any problem, as long as you feel that it formed the dimple well enough.

If it is okay to redimple I will go back and do it. It won't take long. I just didn't know if I would do more damage then good by bending the aluminium twice.