RV7Factory

Chief Obfuscation Officer
For those of you that have purchased a harness from Hooker with the rotary latch, I have a question for you.

Which portion of your harness is the rotary latch affixed to?

I've seen several sites where the builder says it is attached to the crotch strap portion, but I had a conversation with another builder tonight and he said his latch is connected to one of the lap belts. What say you?

Last edited:
My Hookers are attached to one of the lap belts as well. The crotch and shoulders are plug and play.

Crotch strap

Bought mine 4 years ago, and it came with the rotary latch on the crotch strap.

Art in Asheville
N666AT RV-8 Fastback Slider

Hooker rotary latch on Left lap belt

I'm right handed, and for me it's easier and more natural to hold the latch in my left hand and 'stab' with my right. YMMV

Ernie Butcher
N99SU -8 Flying

Thanks

Thanks for the responses! I asked because I was trying to decide how I wanted to modify my seat floor so the latch could pass through it (I don't have my hookers yet). Based on your responses I will only have to enlarge the hole slightly for the adjustment buckle to pass through it. Cool!

Last edited:
Enlarge as you wish, but not necessary. My crotch strap buckles will pass through if you orient them just right. First time, I thought it wasnt possible and really struggled, but once you know it can be done, it gets easier.

erich

Cool! Thanks Erich. I still have to order them... but unfortunately they don't come in a taupe color. :D

PS - Congrats on your engine start. Won't be long and you can fly up here and help me finish mine... right buddy? ;)