bonanza36

Just wondering if any of the tenants of the new "Chalets" were in any way related to the homebuilt/experimental/RV market?

Bingo. 2 of 5 were occupied today. Maybe we could get one of the famous end of Oshkosh discounts?

Last edited:
I bid $20 to use one for next years opening day.

seems like a good place to host a RV gathering....oh heck..I'll go $100 for the day.

Discounts

Bingo. 2 of 4 were occupied today. Maybe we could get one of the famous end of Oshkosh discounts?

Years back we stumbled by the Piper tent near the end of the show. The Piper Cub T shirts were $1.00 each. We bought them out. Needless to say, we wore Cub shirts for a lot of years :)

My impression is that the chalets are an eyesore, blocking visibility of a good section of the runway if you're strolling along the paved road. Sort of like putting a skybox at ground level behind home plate. A better idea would be to erect real second-level skyboxes across the road and leave the view open for the pedestrians. The chalet people would have a better view of the flightline and could people-watch when things got quiet on the flightline.

It my be a bad rumor, but based on what I heard this week, don't be surprised to see several more chalets next year. Some may have appeared unused, but apparently good money was paid for their leases.

My impression is that the chalets are an eyesore, blocking visibility of a good section of the runway if you're strolling along the paved road. Sort of like putting a skybox at ground level behind home plate. A better idea would be to erect real second-level skyboxes across the road and leave the view open for the pedestrians. The chalet people would have a better view of the flightline and could people-watch when things got quiet on the flightline.

I had exactly the same feelings and thoughts about them. A complete atrocity. I have Rod's phone number and email address in my pocket and fully intend on telling him what I think about putting up a fence to hide the flight line and runway from any vantage.