DanB

About a year ago I saw a thread here that showed how someone made their own Pito/AOA. It was as simple as a couple pieces of tubing...one straight and the other bent down on an angle. I think they used it with their Dynon.
I have looked, but can't find it again...anyone remember this know where to look?
Thanks,
Dan

About a year ago I saw a thread here that showed how someone made their own Pito/AOA. It was as simple as a couple pieces of tubing...one straight and the other bent down on an angle. I think they used it with their Dynon.
I have looked, but can't find it again...anyone remember this know where to look?
Thanks,
Dan
I just made one for my -6 a few months ago. Works great.
I took my standard RV pitot and J-B Welded a second tube nesting behind it and bent the forward end down 60 degrees.

Last edited:
I just made one for my -6 a few months ago. Works great.
I took the standard RV pitot and J-B Welded a second tube nesting behind it and bent the forward end down 60 degrees.

There you go Mel, I knew you were a frugal guy. Good on you!

That's why your wife is not speaking to you these days. Great idea though. I might make a suggestion , make it removable so that in the event of ice on the wings you can use it to defrost them before flying.

Mel, did you then insert a t-fitting into the pitot line and run a branch to your AOA indicator, along with a second line from your new tube?

-Andy

Nope!

Mel, did you then insert a t-fitting into the pitot line and run a branch to your AOA indicator, along with a second line from your new tube?

-Andy
My original pitot line is unchanged. I just added the AOA line.

-Andy

My original pitot line is unchanged. I just added the AOA line.

I believe Mel is using his "custom" AOA probe with a Dynon EFIS. The Dynon only requires a single line from the AOA probe since it already has a pitot line attached to it for the EFIS functions. If building a standalone AOA, yes, you would need to tee into the existing pitot line for the AOA high pressure port and also add the line for the low pressure AOA probe.

Thanks Sam.

That is correct. I am using the Dynon D10A. Sorry if I misled.