RV9798

Well Known Member
Last week I had the pleasure of camping at the Home Build Camp at OSH. In our modern time we need all kinds of electronic gadgets, like cell phones, camera's ect. Where do you charge the batteries when you are camping ?..... At the outlets of Washrooms at the campground. I saw many electronic stuff being charged there........UNATTENDED. I did that too and when I woke up in the morning my phone was still there. Try this at a normal camping place. It would be gone in no time. Yessssss....homebuiders are good honest and caring people. Thanks for the great first experience at OSH

Pete,

Agreed! I lost an alternator going into Osh and was replacing it in the Homebuilt Parking area when another RV'er walked up and handed me his tool box in case there was anything I needed that wasn't in my bag. He pointed at his plane so I would know where to find him and he left. When I finished he and his wife were gone for the day so I locked up his tools in my plane and left for the area for the day. I went back to the plane 3X the next day looking for him to return his tools and finally at the end of the day found him sitting with his wife at their airplane. When I brought him his tools he just smiled and said that he hoped it helped. There was no stress or concern about whether he would get his toolbox back. It was a nice gesture from a fellow RVator, especially regarding tools. Many people will not lend tools, and certainly wouldn't hand over their entire tool box to a stranger and just leave.

We were at OSH too, and my friend had $120 in cash drop out of his pocket on the North 40 bus one night. The next day he inquired with one of the drivers, and low and behold, someone had found it and turned it in. Supervisor ran it over in a sealed envelope......$120 exactly. Amazing.

Part 2.....a friend and I took the bus into town to go to the Lancair Builder dinner (yes, I am on the dark side!). Last bus runs at 9:50 PM. Local couple saw us standing there at the bus station at 9:45 and offered us a ride to the airport...they were going their to "see the planes" (yea, at 10 PM!). We arrived alive and they wouldn't even take a few bucks for gas.

Homebuilders and OSH locals are great people.

Gordon

Super ES, building
N144GP

Agree... Couple weekends ago at Cottonwood, Az. I had a flat tire on my 6A nosewheel... (Landing was normal, tire went flat upon turning off the active onto the taxi way, lucky!) RV'ers came to my rescue with tools and a hanger to work in to change out the tube... If I was in an certified bird, don't think I would have had the help... Great community we have here..
Sheldon

With all the greyness in the world (and slowly drifting to ever darker yet "tolerable" shades) it's good to see a community where character traits remain "black and white"!

Sharing

I was on my way to shower, and a RV8 prospective builder came buy HBC.
He had not been in a RV8. I let him sit in Borrowed Horse and left for the showers.
Later, another builder / flyer came and reported that a stranger was in the Borrowed Horse. It was ok I said. It is nice to know others are looking after you.

Thanks for a great show.