Carr

Well Known Member
RV-8 builders. Where did you put the hole for the cabin heat box?

My plans only show the three holes for the control cables

Bryan Carr

I put mine on the centerline, about 1.5 inches up from the exhaust ramp rivet line (where the "roll" meets the firewall). Clear as mud?

I found this to be a pretty good location. Of course I don't use much cabin heat in the Houston area. The one thing that may be a negative is that the heat kind of goes up your pants legs. I guess you could put some sort of vanes or something on it to distribute the heat more.

Karl

Bryan:

DWG OP-34 for O360 and DWG OP-35 for IO360 show suggested placments for the heater control box.

I have an RV-8 with Vetterman's muffler system (2 mufflers with built in heat muffs) so I am planning on two heater control boxes, one plumbed to an eyeball vent and one vented to the lower middle firewall.

Good Luck.

-Mike Draper
RV-8 finish

RV8N said:
I put mine on the centerline, about 1.5 inches up from the exhaust ramp rivet line (where the "roll" meets the firewall). Clear as mud?

I found this to be a pretty good location. Of course I don't use much cabin heat in the Houston area. The one thing that may be a negative is that the heat kind of goes up your pants legs. I guess you could put some sort of vanes or something on it to distribute the heat more.

Karl
Ditto Karl's location. Just pretty much low on the firewall in the center. I connected oil cooler outlet air as heat source. Used almost zero in the S Texas area. Now what I really need, is a second cool air vent on my feet!

Put mine off to the right side, beneath the battery box. SCAT tube runs aft thru the deep part of the baggage area to a big eye ball vent on the aft face of the deep baggage wall. The idea was some of it would flow past me to the back seat. Seems to work fairly well.