Brambo

Well Known Member
Just recieved my Hobbs meter from Van's, and it seems pretty straight forward. Only one question:

Is there more than one place to get oil pressure off the engine or will I have to "T" off the oil pressure line that goes to the pressure sender for the EFIS?

Without an engine to look at (yet), I'm just curious.

Bill Rambo
RV-7A

Brambo said:
Just recieved my Hobbs meter from Van's, and it seems pretty straight forward. Only one question:

Is there more than one place to get oil pressure off the engine or will I have to "T" off the oil pressure line that goes to the pressure sender for the EFIS?

Without an engine to look at (yet), I'm just curious.

Bill Rambo
RV-7A

Van's sells a "manifold" extrusion that can be mounted on the firewall and connects to the engine oil pressure port with a braided flexible hose. The pressure transducer for the oil gauge or Engine Monitor and a pressure switch for the HOBBS screw into the other ports on the manifold. Van's also suggest wiring a "Big Red Light" through the HOBBS switch and placing it on the panel next to the master switch. There is a take off on the switch that closes when the oil pressure drops so the light will come on to indicate loss of oil pressure, also when the engine is shut down with the master switch on the "Big Red Light" will iluminate and remind you to switch off the master. Elegant, simple and cheap!

Jim Sharkey
RV6 Tip-up FP O360-A1A
Fitting seals to baffles