Airzen

Well Known Member
Hi,

I have a 16 year old Nephew who really wants to build. His location is Lake Oswego, OR and I think there is some activity among high school groups in the region.

Is there a group of high school students that is building (or interested in starting a build soon)? Can someone please help us find folks who can help?

Airzen

Well I am!

Not local to you, but if he ever needs advice or wants to talk to a fellow highschool builder I am more than happy to talk to him!

I blog about my build s much as possible: www.pilotian.com

Email me sometime as well [email protected] and I can give you my #!

So glad to see other young people getting involved in the RV world :D

IM NOT THE ONLY ONE :) haha!

First stop is rv-1.org . I am the founder of the Eagle's Nest programs, and there is some info on it there. They are our parent 501(c)(3) non-profit. Also see mykitlog.com/bobkelly for the first student build project, Eagle's Nest One. Number two is underway, although just in the beginning stages. JCHS (home of the first build) has asked to go ahead with more projects, starting next fall, and are in the process of making it a for-credit program. They are trying for both HS and college credit. We had a person from next door to you (kinda) come to see EN-I this past Saturday. He is from Washington and I can put you in touch if you like. We also have interest in several other states. If you call Van's, ask for Scott Risen, the President. He is completely familiar with our program. You should wait until after Sun n Fun, of course. PM me if you are interested.

Bob Kelly

Thanks..

Thanks Bob and Ian. I'll share the details with my nephew.

Great blog Ian. Very nice to see you making great progress.

And Bob, I'll PM you and will be great to talk on the phone post Sun-N-Fun.

Airzen,

I am building an RV-7 in Lake Oswego. The tail kit is about done and the wings will be here in a few weeks. PM me with your contact info, he is welcome to come check it out.