garymail

I have found that many Air FlowPerformance pump andfilter units willsooner or later have the "O" ring in the presure relief valve swell and stick, causing high fuel pressure readings, usually followed by a quick drop to normal when the valve is finally pushed off the seat. This can be remidied by replacing the "O" ring. Some installations read the fuel pressure off the line at the fuel pump, reading "un-metered pressure", some read at the flow divider, or "metered" presure. If you are reading metered pressure, there is no indications that the relief valve is sticking.

Also, anyone needing a condition inspection, pre buy, transition training, BFR or a Certificate of Airworthiness ( Northwest USA) please e mail or call!

Gary Brown (503) 269-3907 [email protected]

I too have had high fuel pressure when the electric pump is turned on. I removed the relief valve but could not see any problems. It was clean inside and the piston seemed to move freely with the spring. Fuel pressure returned to normal on the first start of the pump but it is now reading high pressure again, Almost 50psi !. When running on the engine driven pump the pressure is normal. Any suggestions??
Mick