apkp777

Well Known Member
Hey all,

Been flight testing my RV-9. I am seeing relatively high fuel pressure indications. About 9psi in cruise and 14 or so at low power.

I have an o-320 and a tempest 15472 mechanical fuel pump. Anyone see a down side to this? Any thoughts on how to regulate it?

Yes. First check the gauge to see if it is accurate, but this is high enough to overpower the float valve and overflow the carb. I had this and it was a defective fuel pump. Overflowing a carb near exhaust pipes can have a REAL downside. Do check the gauge first, use a calibrated mechanical pressure gauge if possible. I would guess your readings are not accurate or, at 14, you would be overflowing.

Bob Kelly

I have the Skyview EMS and associated sensor package. I am having other sensors that are out of whack as well. Carb temp reads low, fuel flow seems high.

I am about ready to go back to steam guages and analog displays.

Yes. First check the gauge to see if it is accurate, but this is high enough to overpower the float valve and overflow the carb. I had this and it was a defective fuel pump. Overflowing a carb near exhaust pipes can have a REAL downside. Do check the gauge first, use a calibrated mechanical pressure gauge if possible. I would guess your readings are not accurate or, at 14, you would be overflowing.

Bob Kelly

I don't see any overflow. I do have a new fuel pump (tempest 15472).

Problem Solved!

Looks like it was my idiot light that was faulty. Not the light of course but the idiot (me) who set it up. It appears that the sensor data for the Skyview had 2 options for fuel pressure. I had the wrong one dialed in.