themill81

I'm New Here
I started getting high fuel pressure readings on my rv-8. Has 550 hours and a normally aspirated O-360. I used vans fuel sender and guage. I changed both and checked all wiring. All good. Attached direct reading guage to T in fuel line to see what actual pressures were and they were high also. 7.25 psi at start up. 6-6.6 psi at 2200 rpm. These pressures are within range but higher than what readings were in first 550 hours.
Why or how would fuel pump be putting out increased pressure? Is pressure of 7-7.25 psi even a concern? Engine runs great at all rpms and manifold pressure while flying. Pressure in flight at 2400 squared is 7 psi.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Jim

a guess

maybe there is a blockage in the line aft of the fuel pump, try pulling the screen where the fuel hose attaches to the carb. The pressure itself seems like it could be normal but the increase from what it used to be might be a sign. Anything unusual when you turn the boost pump on? For what its worth my fuel pressure isn't always consistant. As long as I am seeing 3 psi or better, with a raise in pressure when I turn the boost pump on, I am satisfied.

Randy
8A 0-360