patterson

Well Known Member
Patron
I've searched the archives but haven't been able to find an answer to why I am seeing variable fuel pressure readings (2-12 PSI!!) on my GRT EIS 4000. My engine is a carbed O-320. All other engine instrument readings seem within normal ranges, but the fuel pressure varies rapidly up/down/up/down in seconds :confused: Engine seems to cruise just fine despite the readings.

One suggestion I did find was to look for a blocked breather, and I will. I'd appreciate any advice on where to look, or whether I should replace the engine driven pump as a start???
Ron
N8ZD
RV-4

Try a direct reading gage to see if the readings are real. If they are I would start with the fuel pump.
Good Luck,
Mahlon
'The opinions and information provided in this and all of my posts are hopefully helpful to you. Please use the information provided responsibly and at your own risk.?

Fuel pressure

I had a similar problem. Had to change the pressure sender.

Bryan Carr

Same problems

I had carb leakage--rebuilt the carb. THEN noticed that the fuel pressure was high, but only part time. No explaining why it would go high, no obstructions, nothing. Replaced the fuel pump and no problems since. Do check with a calibrated gage to see whether the problem is with the pressure or indicator.

Bob Kelly

Check for good solid electrical connections on the sender unit and on the other end on the GRT.