n74846

Well Known Member
Up until recently pressure was usually 5.x-6.x PSI. now I routinely see low 7's (in the yellow) with spikes into the 7.9-8.5 (red warning). Sometimes it stays there, other times it drops back to normal. Never low. Based on that I have not been to concerned, but as it is happening more frequently I am seeking advice. If it is not a bad sensor, does high pressure present a problem?

Which avionics package do you have? Some of the fuel pressure sensors (like mine) have Fast-On terminals that can get loose and cause intermittent high pressure readings. Some have other types of terminals. I just needed to squeeze mine a little with some pliers and the alarms went away... until I put the new mechanical pump on, then I had to adjust the range on the Dynon.

If this is a sudden occurrence then it is more likely a poor connection or sender. It would be rare to have the pressure increase after time versus decrease.

I have a Skyview system, and bought it flying. I was told they were having problem readings and changed the Kavlico before purchase. 117 hours now.

I guess I'm the luckiest guy to ever build an RV-12: 478 hours and no fuel flow, fuel pressure or oil pressure sensor issues. I have the red cube, Honeywell oil pressure sensor and VDO fuel pressure sensor.

Fate

I guess I'm the luckiest guy to ever build an RV-12: 478 hours and no fuel flow, fuel pressure or oil pressure sensor issues. I have the red cube, Honeywell oil pressure sensor and VDO fuel pressure sensor.
You should never have said that.