Paris12Man

Well Known Member
Hello, My RV12 has the original flight instruments install (Dynon D180). Recently I have been receiving High Fuel Pressure Alarms from the D180. I sent the D180 into Dynon for an overall inspection and repair if needed. I have received the unit back and have it installed. My first test flight showed the fuel alarm was not resolved. I receive this alarm during climb out, while reducing the throttle to land, and other times during flight. I have seen readouts as high as 15 psi.

Has anyone else experienced this issue? I know I can pull the fuse to stop the electrical fuel pump, but I haven't done that yet. Before I start the tear-down of the cockpit, I was hoping for some helpful suggestions.

Thank you,

Last edited:
Testing the sender

The above suggestions to focus on the sender should be helpful I think. The sender can be easily tested by unscrewing it and connecting it to compressed air at 5 psi and then see what is the pressure that the D180 displays. If the sender is the VDO type then they do wear out (electro mechanical device) and a replacement is relatively inexpensive at around $50.

I forgot to mention in my post that I have already replaced the fuel sensor but that didn't fix the issue.

Joe, do you know where I can find the rocker switches to match what is in the early RV12?
Thank you, Steve

Vansaircraft sells them, or at least they used to.
I think you want an ignition switch. :)
LP3-F1G121R Spar Pin Indicator/Button
K2ABNPCCFA Master Sw DPDT
K2ABHPCABA Avionics, Nav/Strobc. A/P Sw's (spare)
K2ABMAAAAA Trim Sw
K2ABNPCCFA Landing Light Sw
KIABBPCADA Ign A, Ign B (opt Fuel Pump)

Thank you

Thank you all for your suggestions. I spoke with another RV12er (Mark) who had a similar issue with his RV12. With no technical data to go on, he just replaced his electric pump and the problem went away. So, since the pump is relative inexpensive ($44) I'm going to try that. I'll also place the new pump on an on/off switch. I'll provide part #s on all parts and of course the results of replacing the pump to resolve the issue of High Fuel Pressure Alarm. Stay tuned. Fingers crossed!