Noah

Well Known Member
The spring on my hidden oil door hinge broke after 40 hours, anybody know of a source for these since the supplier, justrvparts.com appears to be T/U? No Joy at McMaster Carr or my local hardware store and finding stock torsion springs online seems to be a challenge!

Last edited:
First Trip

Hey Tony!

A buddy of mine recently bought an airfield up in Maine, so I might just go have a look at the place. That and I am looking forward to getting involved in Pilots N Paws - very cool that you rescued a couple of dogs on Sunday - good for you (and the dogs). My wife is associated with American Lab Rescue, so she has all kinds of plans for trips we need to do. :D:D:D

spring on my hidden oil door hinge broke ... finding stock torsion springs online seems to be a challenge!

Five dollars for a replacement spring seems a big exorbitant to me. I fabricated a spring (for a similar application on my Long-EZ) using a piece of wire from old SCAT tubing. I simply wound a suitable length around a hinge pin and formed the ends with two pliers.

Hair Clip

Find one of your wife/girlfriend/daughter's hair clip and take the spring from it. Works great and I promiss not to tell if you won't. ;)

I always wondered if a spring from a mouse trap would work. May be worth a shot.

I would contact them and explain the problem. A couple years back I had a hinge break in short order and I got three, no charge. I was told that they sometimes had a tendency to break. I've had no problem with the replacement since then, though I don't have enough hours to really say how it will last.