Dennis at LoPresti

I'm New Here
To all RV-10 Owners and Builders,

Here in the LoPresti Skunk Works we are considering developing some of our wildly successfuly Boom Beam HID landing lights for the experimental market. We couldn't think of a better place to start than with the RV-10 and it's builders. I'm doing a little research to gauge interest, and to see what you guys might be looking for in a premium landing light. The kit we are envisioning would be a bolt-on, plug-and-play wingtip, complete with cutouts, lenses, and our tried and true High Intensity Discharge lighting system (3x the light, only 1/3 the amps!). Any feedback or interest in this technology would be greatly appreciated! Contact me at [email protected]. I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Dennis Martin
LoPresti Speed Mods, Vero Beach, FL
[email protected]
920-639-8905

Ps. Special thanks to Doug Reeves for the great forum, and for allowing this query.

I'm interested. Bill over at CreativeAir is also working on a wingtip HID option that's compatiable with his other wingtip Nav and strobe products. Would like to see what you guys come up with both in product and price and compare it to his.

Todd
RV-10 Emp

HIDs

I talked to someone at your booth at OSH this year and the options for install in my RV-7 was outrageously expensive. I'd like to see just a lamp/ lamp mount kit without the rest of the wingtip assembly.

Jim

Price?

Dennis:

Will they be affordable? I remember a LoPresti quote of over $12000 for a Mooney cowling and that was ten years ago. Can you give us a ballpark figure for comparison sake?

What about us???

Why design a product ONLY for the -10? Why not design a 3 1/2" diameter lamp that will fit in ALL RV model wingtips?

Just no price gouging as many other suppliers are doing when it involves the RV-10.

That being said, I would be interested.

Hard Knox said:
Dennis:

Will they be affordable?

Short answer: Yes! We haven't nailed down pricing and options yet, but we expect it to have a pretty good "bang for the buck" vs. the other products out there. We sell a heck of a lot these for factory built machines so we have a lot of buying power, and of course not having to have this application STC'd means the price goes down....

Dennis Martin
LoPresti Speed Merchants
[email protected]