lbgjb

Duckwork lights with wag wag having a problem. worked great until... now turn on lights with separate switches, wait for them to warm up, turn on wig wag switch, and i can hear the 'clicking' of the wig wag, but lights don't wig wag. I turn off the wig wag switch, but i can still hear the 'clicking' as though the wig wag is still on. I turn off the lights all goes off. strange. any ideas??

I heard that HID wasn't as compatible with wig wag, but in the vans online catalog it says it "May be connected to a flasher device for enhanced visibility." So i'm interested to hear what people say about it.

sorry i can't help you with your problem

Duckwork lights with wag wag having a problem. worked great until... now turn on lights with separate switches, wait for them to warm up, turn on wig wag switch, and i can hear the 'clicking' of the wig wag, but lights don't wig wag. I turn off the wig wag switch, but i can still hear the 'clicking' as though the wig wag is still on. I turn off the lights all goes off. strange. any ideas??

Sounds like a problem with the wigwag since you are still hearing the clicking when you turn off the wigwag. Maybe some kind of internal short.

Sounds like a problem with the wigwag since you are still hearing the clicking when you turn off the wigwag. Maybe some kind of internal short.

Who made the wigwag box ?? Did you get a schematic with it ??

If it says XePulse on it it is ours, I would then try to help you solve your problem.

Last edited:
i'm stupid

finally got it figured out--wig wag switch does work the wig wag, but i thought i needed the lights themselves 'on' also, but when you turn on the lights, (separate switches) it stops the wig wag thinking you want landing lights, obviously not wig waging while landing. but you can still hear the wig-wagger in plane clicking (been a little while since night flying) i've got it set up so when wig wag comes on, it warms up lights, then starts flashing. thanks for the thoughts. larry