tx_jayhawk

Well Known Member
All,

I am curious as to what the rule is regarding adel clamps FWF. Are high-temp (white ones?) required FWF? I know Van's plans as well as about every RV I have seen has some regular black ones FWF, so what is the "rule" regarding the white ones?

Also, does anyone know the part number for the special white D-shaped clamps that are used on the valve covers to hold the spark plug wires?

Thanks for any help,

Scott
7A Finishing

I'll answer the 2nd part of your question...

Champion Part #s:
CH1P025 = 1-wire clamp
CH1P026 = 2-wire clamp
CH1P027 = 3-wire clamp
CH1P028 = 4-wire clamp
CH1P029 = 6-wire clamp

I got my 1- and 2-wire clamps from Sacramento Sky Ranch way back when for about $2 ea.

Scott: What I use in my day job maintaining a turboprop are MS21929WCJ-X clamps. They are supposed to be high temp clamps as well plus, they are a pleasant blue color.

They seem to hold up very well, even over the top of the "can" and don't have the fight that the black rubber clamps do.

Steven L Hild
Belen, NM
RV-7 fuse, 590SC (res)

tx_jayhawk said:
All,

I am curious as to what the rule is regarding adel clamps FWF. Are high-temp (white ones?) required FWF? I know Van's plans as well as about every RV I have seen has some regular black ones FWF, so what is the "rule" regarding the white ones?

Also, does anyone know the part number for the special white D-shaped clamps that are used on the valve covers to hold the spark plug wires?

Thanks for any help,

Scott
7A Finishing

BTW, you can get Adel clamps from McMaster Carr in both Black - Neopreme, and White - Silicone. Both can also be had in stainless bands.

Btw, there is one other huge advantage to the white ones beside the temp. They don't discolor whatever you put inside of them like the black ones do..

Also note you can get them in "wedge - WD" or non-wedge versions.