decathlon737

Well Known Member
Benefactor
My kit arrived at the end of March 2007, today it arrived at VPC. Won't be long now, got to get the paper work in order then I'll tear up the N. Ga. skies.
P8160001.JPG

P8160005.JPG

P8160006.JPG

Hauled my last 4 or5 airplanes like this, works pretty good. Luckily I only live 7 miles from the airport.:)
P8160008.JPG

Wings attached.
P8160015.JPG

P8160012.JPG

P8160017.JPG

Sorry so long but after a year and a half, this is pretty exciting.

SWEET!

Bill,
What a beautiful 8. I hope that you will get her airborne soon and then grace our pancake breakfast at Lawrenceville soon.

Congratulations!!!!!!

Nice plane.

Good luck on the inspection, and best luck of all on the flying.

You did well.

Thanks Steve and Mike,
Steve, I have been to your pancake breakfast several times but I was in my Decathlon, great bunch of folks.

Great!!

Bill,

Good job. I like to see builders get kits done in a reasonable time. I think you will be a fly-er too. Hope to see you at the fly-ins.

Stop in Fort Worth, TX. T 67. Welcome here.

Thanks Todd and Daniel, lots of blood, sweat, and tears. Alex, I figure about 30 knots dirty with full flaps and flaperons:). Jay, I love flyins so I'll probably see you soon:D.

Nice - now, back to work!

Now that you're almost done playing around with that thing, don't you have an RV-9 to paint? The rest of us want to fly, too!

Nice looking, Bill. Come get a pancake on me.

Hi Jeff,
Need to get Dennis a list of materials to get started with. Tell him we'll get together this weekend. Gotta get that 9 in the air,

bill

looks good. u shoulda called me and I could have stood on the curb at the office and cheered u on as u rolled by.

I could also go to the airport and keep the looker-on-ers at bay while you put it together. or was that Frankie's job??

I guess you saw that there was a DAR in Acworth now.

cary

Good looking 8

Hey Bill , That 8 looks even better all together than in pieces in the shop. I like your reciever hauler. I'm still waiting on the trailer to get the 9 up to your shop maybe this weekend. I'll try to stop by the C ville airport and take a look , sure you 'll be there this weekend. DRRhodes