ronschreck

Well Known Member
Saw the pictures of your RV-8 with the HUD. Really neat. Enought about the HUD, I want to know where you got those nice mirrors?

me Too!

I asked Don that exact question at OSH. He told me he bought them at the market at OSH years ago. Had them in, I believe he said a Yankee and removed them after sale to put in his 8.

I want some too..

maybe we can get some at DM AFB in the yard..

HUD

Were they my pictures you saw? I absolutely flipped out when I saw that plane. I had already taken several shots of it before I realized I knew it... ;) Really Don, super nice job. :appl: Wish you could get that hud functional. :/

I asked Don that exact question at OSH. He told me he bought them at the market at OSH years ago. Had them in, I believe he said a Yankee and removed them after sale to put in his 8.

I want some too..

maybe we can get some at DM AFB in the yard..

I remember having similar mirrors in one of the planes I used to fly. I think it was the A-7. Anybody visiting the boneyard at DM? I have a shopping list. :D

Next door to DM

Anybody visiting the boneyard at DM? I have a shopping list. :D

My partner in our 6A project works next door to DM. Perhaps he can be persuaded. Send pics of the mirrors and let's see what he can do.

barryd57 at gmail.com

Saw the pictures of your RV-8 with the HUD. Really neat. Enought about the HUD, I want to know where you got those nice mirrors?

Hey, Ron --

Sorry for the delayed response. Didn't have access to a computer till today.

As was noted, I found them (F-14 surplus) in the Aeromart many years ago at Oshkosh. I mounted them in my Yankee and then sold the plane sans mirrors. They're sweet, and the curvature closely matches the rollbar.

Thanks for the accolades, everybody. SloshKosh was interesting this year, and Smokey's debut was a success. I got to meet many new faces, and all were smiling (and then laughing) when they looked at my panel. :D

My partner in our 6A project works next door to DM. Perhaps he can be persuaded. Send pics of the mirrors and let's see what he can do.

barryd57 at gmail.com

I'll keep this in mind. Right now Tony Spicer is going to cut me some mirror glass and I'm going to fabricate a mounting bracket. If this doesn't work out I'll get back at you. Thanks.